Monday, June 7, 2010

New at the Ranch

Here are a few teaser photos from what I worked on last week while paint was drying on the new floorcloths I've started....Everything shown will  be available (with the exception of the chairs) in September at our Grand Opening.

Elevated Vintage 1973 Coca Cola Serving Tray made from a tray and candle holder previously used for fat cylinder candles

Cake Stand from a plate and an ornate silver candle holder

And you know the paper covered trinket boxes will always be a growing body of work. The possibilities are endless!

I like to make them just as pretty on the inside

 I've already begun to think about Halloween and have made the cutest candy dishes that I'm holding out on showing you for a while yet. I HAVE to make them last until the grand opening ...and I've made some...you guessed it...boxes

And lastly, I worked on something for me. My old porch chairs had finally had it between two seasons of puppies and mildew on oil based paint. I removed the mildew...more on that topic tomorrow...sanded with a mask over my face all the old flakey paint and vacuumed up the pieces. Primed them all with Kilz so that I could re-paint with water-based enamel. Latex paint will not mildew like oil will.

I recovered the seats with outdoor, mildew/sun resistant fabric and wha-lah! A new look for the screened in porch this summer. No dogs allowed! 

 Tomorrow, my secret to removing mildew on porch furniture without bleach.

1 comment:

  1. Love the footed plates!

    Be sure to come visit "Summer Sundays". It's all about what summer means to YOU!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!