Monday, March 11, 2013

My Name is Angie, and I am a Hoarder

I won't even begin to show you the amount of junk art supplies I have accumulated in the barn, and in my studio, especially under my work table...if you've been in my studio before you will remember that my work table is 8' x 8'. It's a wonderful work space...when it's uncluttered.

I found a few photos from a workshop I taught here a couple years ago that will give you an idea of how much space I have...or should have...

Junk Camp 101

Jan. 2011 

So many good ideas were born here!
Right now, it's this full and it's just my mess! Beneath the table there is so much stuff that it's to the point that I have to dig just to see what I have...it's not good!! Yes, I am a hoarder! 

I really want to begin having workshops once again and have requests every week...I am just terribly ashamed to say that I don't have room so I say, "I am working on that!". 

I've tried for weeks to clean up but all I'm doing is rearranging the mess! So, last Thursday, I decided to challenge myself to use only what I have from all of my junk stashes and fill my shop here at home and my Etsy shop. I am not going to buy anything until I have nearly depleted my materials. 

So far so good...






I started with the abundance of plates sitting along the edge of the wall taking up precious floor space...I don't know if you can tell from the photos but they are all altered in some way with a 3-dimensional element here or there. 

When I can see my floor...including the floor underneath that 64 square feet beneath my worktable, I plan to begin offering workshops again. 

I don't know what I will be inspired to do this week. I made a few more altered plates and several garden totems and flowers. I am loving these pieces for the gardens so much I may have to keep some of those! What's easier to ship I have listed t in my Etsy shop...check it out if you are interested!

Please support your local artists, and in turn, you will receive the same blessing...it's a form of tithing that I believe in and practice...read here about Indie Tithing.

Have a great week and I'll see you back here next Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!