To recap yesterday's post, I'm working to master this ability to focus on growing my business this year and to develop it into something unique that represents me as an artist and shopkeeper. If you landed here first you can read part one here..Part 1
|I committed to having regular hours this year. A BIG step for me|
I have made a list of rules for myself to help me stay on task. I offer them here as suggestions...they are in no particular order really, and you can tweak them to suit your personality and business.
1. Have a loose schedule...daily and weekly... things happen and change but get back on it as quickly as possible. Work in blocks of time (60-90 mins) and take a few minutes in between to regroup thoughts.
2. Know my limits...time, energy, budget and talents. Learn to say no sometimes, to myself...and others. It's okay.
3. Just because I can do something doesn't mean I should do it as part of my business...ie...antique booths, painted furniture, every new idea I see on Pinterest!! Do it for myself and have fun. Everything is not about making money.
4. Again...Everything is not about making money! Enjoy whatever I am doing while I'm doing it...even grocery shopping, cleaning or pulling weeds out of the gardens. There is great satisfaction for me to have a well stocked pantry, a clean house and beautiful plants and flowers.
5. Network with like minded peers. Professional contacts know what I am talking about whereas spouses or family and friends may just nod and never say anything when I want to bounce ideas. Too, accountability will keep me on my path.
6. Never compare myself or my shop to my peers. It's not fair. Be myself. It's so much easier!
7. Set goals..daily, weekly, monthly, yearly... and review them each morning, so that I do not get distracted! I can't meet my goals when I veer off my path too far.
8. Work for a period of time every day without tv, social media, phone, and email . Do NOT check my phone for FB updates or messages...It can wait! Schedule in social media times and forget it the rest of the day. Get lost in just my work.
9. Use lunch time for just eating and relaxing for an hour. Eat healthy..Recharge for the afternoon.
10. Make time for myself! This is where it's okay to go down those rabbit trails. Have fun!
Thanks so much for reading and commenting! I hope you stay focused and have the best year ever!