Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Do you remember?

 
I've gone back in time to 2nd grade this morning and have been lost in this 1967 gift catalog. I remember scouring these kinds of catalogs at my grandparents' home on Sunday afternoon visits when I had to stay inside and keep my dress clean....did you do that too?...Sunday afternoon visits to relatives or friends and have to keep your Sunday best on all afternoon?...We only did this for a short time while I was a very little girl. It was torture for me at the time...but fond memories today.

 This one, as you guessed, came out of another box from the trailer. It's a Gold Bond Gift Catalog.

The camping and picnic pages were some of my favorites. Gosh, I'd love to have some of the things on this page! I hope to find them...in the trailer.

 Check out this collage style page...

 These gals could be a modern day girls here in the 21st century.

I honestly hated these styles back in the day but now...well I've changed.

You have to take the good with the bad...
 And, who didn't love the toy pages?

I'm planning to list this on ebay this evening. Not much demand here in Randolph County that I know of, but there are collectors out in the world that may like to have it. Check in about 9 pm eastern by clicking on the ebay button at the top of this page.

In the same box were some Eastern Airline travel brochures. Some from places in NC that I will keep to put in the shop, but these are more special and I will first offer them online through ebay.

 1957 Love the illustrations!
Inside

 Further inside

 Opened up completely
This one doesn't have a date but I assume its about the same time in the 50's.

Destinations Inside

Back side

Do you keep things like this stored away for years in boxes? What are you going to do with them? I wonder what the Hughes family was saving them for...wishes and dreams? I wonder if they bought something from the catalog or went on a nice vacation? I imagine the more I dig around through their belongings I may find some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!