Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summertime's Calling Me


It's official...it's summer, and boy does it feel like it. Here in the piedmont, NC it's been H O T hot! It's keeping everyone busy watering gardens and flowers...and little kids!

With all that's going on here I'm forced to take a computer break for a few weeks at least, but I thought I'd give an explanation before my disappearance rather than come back with apologies.

I hope you all are enjoying your summer and I look forward to seeing what you are up to when I return. The shop will be open as usual by chance or appointment weekdays and Saturdays...if you are driving a distance it will be best if you do call first, as we are in and out a lot this time of year.

If you want to take a gander at my photos below, you will see where I'm spending a considerable amount of time....

My first Black-eyed Susan of the season  bloomed yesterday along with my first sunflower

I always have to have at least one pot of sea roses...sometimes I find them popping up in the oddest places,
nowhere even near where they were the season before.

Our first raised bed garden. I've loved it! No tractor or tiller needed.

... I could use a weed eater though.

Our first cukes showed up this week along with the zucchini. Yum.

The Chaste tree in front of the shop is in bloom loaded with bees. It was windy in this picture,
but it's really pretty and round on top.
Bees on the blooms.
See you back here soon!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!