Wednesday, August 3, 2011

For the Locals

Hope it's cooler where you are than here in the hot and humid south! On Monday it honestly felt pretty tolerable at 95 and low humidity. Now, both the heat and humidity are rising and I'm happy to be inside sprucing things up for our opening this weekend.

We recently got in some new local collectibles that I think are quite unique and just may be near to someone's heart....


First is the High Point Bank and Trust 60th anniversary commemorative ashtrays. Ordinarily, I may have passed up something like this but,


My first bank account was with this bank and they gave me my first loan as well for my one and only brand new car....and my best friend worked there for a while. The bank looked like this even when my children were small. I remember going through the drive-thru in the back and my kids getting lolli pops. It was fancy back in the day.



We have two of these smoky glass ashtrays. I still know several people that worked there and am wondering who will scoop these up.

....And on the other end of the spectrum are these little windshield ice scrappers...


From the iconic Fulton's Grocery. It was one of those places everyone stopped by and that had Cokes in a big red cooler outside for a long time.

If you've not been to one of our occasional sales, we have lots more local collectibles you may be interested in...

New old stock North State Telephone Match book

Dial???

First Methodist Church
Winston-Salem
Built 1842

Great Smoky Mountains

Blowing Rock

White Lake - I'm not sure what this is but I like the art...

Tiny little ashtrays from Star NC

I would use them for soap in a guest bath/powder room

More from White Lake - 10 coasters still in package...

Coasters Lable

Commemorative silver plate money clip from Kay Jewelers

Record Cleaner from Greensboro Music

I know...a cat hair. 

Lots of vintage travel brochures from all those childhood vacations.

Post cards...some linen...from the same childhood family trips.
If you see anything you are interested in we will be open this Saturday August 7th from 10 - 5 and Sunday the 8th fom 1 - 5. We'd love to see you! 





1 comment:

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!