Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflecting

If you remember my first post, September 16th, this year...you'll remember where we started...



My husband had just broken ground for his new workshop and in December of this SAME year we planned to move his stuff out of the studio into the new space....And, in January 2010, I planned to begin to convert his old workshop (the downstairs portion of my studio) into our new shop, Ranch Dressing.

Well, here is where we are in our progress...


Footings dug only yesterday...


with plans to pour them at 8 am today....


...but, guess what? It rained, AGAIN, last night.


  The good news is...NC is no longer in a drought. We've had rain, rain, rain, a little snow, and more rain.  We are good in that respect. And now we have MUD.


Checkers seems to love it more than I do.


Karat has no problem with it either, but, she prefers to wear it on her rump rather than her face.

 
 Is this what they are talking about when the "old timers" talk about drinking from a horse track?

 
I'm about to get sucked under...

 
 ...I'm okay, but the Ariats are needing serious attention.

Are we discouraged? No, not really. Where there's a will there's a way. Things always work out for the best and May 8th is still far enough off that I think we can still have our first open house then. We are hoping to pour the concrete Saturday. As soon as the building is in the dry we are moving everything out of the old workshop so we can concentrate on Ranch Dressing.

We have been blessed abundantly in 2009 and know that 2010 promises many new friends and wonderful experiences. We are so looking forward to the new year and hope you will continue to follow along with us on our journey.

On Monday, I will announce the first of 12 giveaways  for the year. Until then, I hope that you have a Very Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. ooooooooooooooh, i dislike mud on my cowboy boots!!! did you have someone dig the footers for you? it'll be exciting when the weather cooperates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Angie! I hope that 2010 brings lots more blessings to you and yours! It looks like you have big things going on over there and I wish you lots of luck in all your endeavors!
    Take care my friend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janean, my husband dug them with our friend's backhoe...big boy toys. We are supposed to be below freezing with nothing falling from the sky for the next week so we can pour them finally.

    Laura thanks, Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!