Monday, December 7, 2009

Taking it Slower



My first post since we rolled into December...and here it is the 7th already. My confession for today is that I haven't started decorating for Christmas yet. This, for a designer is probably considered as sin...but, I have reasons.

Today is the first day in over 2 weeks that I haven't felt bad, in fact, today I feel like a million dollars compared to yesterday. I'm finally over the hump and it feels miraculous.

I did what so many other women are guilty of and we need to stop! I ignored red flag after red flag that I was getting sick, but I kept on working to the point that I finally crashed and could not function. By the time I drug myself to my doctor he was ready to put me in the hospital. That scared me to the point of deciding to be a good patient and go home and take my meds and rest...but not without a shot in the hiney to go.

I have much catching up to do this week such as groceries, shopping for the angel tree, some decorating for Christmas here and finishing up an order. Naps will be a priority! I am taking no chances on a relapse!

Take care people! Life is a gift. Health is a priority.

Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh!
    I logged into my blog this morning, and saw you had joined as a "follower"...I know you! Not personally, but years ago, when I first started really spending some time on the Net, I found your floorcloths, and admired them so. I had been making them for years, and was researching what's out there on the Net, and yours stood out as the best of the best...also, as you can see by mine, I follow my Cherokee heritage in many of them. So excited!
    I do hope you are taking care of yourself, and yes, we have nothing if we don't have our health.
    Welcome to my blog, and I'm so excited that you found me, and honored to join...really...
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! I am a fan of your work as well. Thank you for following here too and I look forward to staying in touch.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!