Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pay it Forward. Nominate a Kreativ Blogger!

While I was in the barn last night brushing all the loose hairs off my horses, unbeknownst to me, I was being mentioned for The Kreativ Blogger Award by my favorite North Carolina born/Wyoming Cowgirl Artist...the digital art guru...Deb Trotter, Cowboy's Sweetheart.  Thanks for the nomination Deb!

I discovered Deb's blog a few years ago, and found out that we had many things in common. Not only were we both from NC, but she lives and works in one of my most favorite places on earth, Cody,WY. I could move there today and live happily ever after. Snow and all! ...and the one thing that I think is just too funny is that she is crazy about Sam Elliott. So am I, so much that I named our son Sam. And as much as I love, love, love Robert Duvall as Gus in Lonesome Dove, I love Tommy Lee Jones' accent as Capt'n Call better. Nothing sweeter than a really good Southern drawl!

So, in keeping with the blogger's before me, I will give you the background information that Debra Cortese found and included in her blog.


I’ve become a bit of an information addict, I couldn’t do this without a little background research. I quickly found reference to the original ‘Kreativ Blogger’ post and requirements for nominated Kreativ Bloggers. I believe they have been edited and abbreviated over time and cyberspace. 

Kreativ Blogger originated in May 2008 in a post by Huldas Verden as noted by Clay Garden author in this April 2009 post:
“Finally I found that it was started in Norway by a blogger named Huldas Verden.”

When the Clay Garden post was written in April 2009, the author’s Google search came up with 712 entries for Kreativ Blogger.
When I searched today, Feb 28, 2010 for ‘Kreative Blogger’ awards, Google comes up with 23,200,000 entries! Hence, the power of blogging!


Here are the requirements that I found, and am passing on to 7 fellow Kreativ Bloggers (names and links to blogs at the end of this post):

The Kreativ Blogger award comes with the following requirements:

1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.


Seven Things You May Find Interesting About Me 
1. I live in the same town I was born in and only 2 miles from my parents' home where I grew up. We, (my husband and son), my parents, my siblings and their children  have Sunday dinner (here lunch is dinner and dinner is supper) together at my parent's home each week. Our daughter now lives in Oklahoma and says she misses Sunday dinner with us and wonders each week what Momaw has cooked.

2. Our 2 barn cats follow me back to the house every morning to share a can of Friskie's and then sleep all day in the patches of sun peeping through the windows.  I let them out just before my husband gets home from work. On the weekends I have to sneak them in after hubby goes about his day...they know to lay low.

3.  I don't start anything creative until I get my "chores" done. If I do, I will never get anything done in the house, yard or barn and then will feel stressed and resentful that I have to do the domestic stuff. I also don't have scheduled business hours but I work in the studio usually 6 days a week for as long as it takes to get to a point in my projects that I am happy with.

 4. I once opened a beautiful gallery and moved my studio from our farm into town. After a while I discovered I wasn't inspired to paint, nor did I have the time. I made the heart wrenching decision to close it up and come back home. Good move both ways. Learned lots!

5. I took a break from painting full time from 2005-2009 to homeschool our son. During this time I taught art to about 30 students (mostly homeschooled). People will spend money on their children even in a recession.
 
6.  For 3 years while Sam was homeschooled we volunteered with the NC Zoo's Wildlife Rehab Center. I gained a wealth of knowledge there and even wondered several times if I had missed my calling. My favorite area to work in was the aviary nursery in the spring and summer. I loved taking care of the orphaned and injured baby birds, especially the blue jays. They were the sweetest...robins the meanest and starlings the most annoying. My most memorable experiences there were catching up raptors (hawks and owls of all kinds) and force feeding the (educational) king snake it's weekly mouse.

7.  And lastly, ...I grew up in a haunted house. I know, some of you don't believe me. I dare you to spend the night there. The house we built here on our farm too, has had it's share of "sightings" which could be a post all it's own. I even saw a "ghost party" in an old cabin we stayed in for a week in Wyoming. I should really write about that one!

 And the Nominees Are:
Amber Jean Sculpting a Creative Life
Bella Dreams
Junk Sophisticate
Lone Wolf Cowgirl Art
Notes From the Rookery
The Lucky Star Gallery
The Mares Tales

This was hard for me to narrow down to only 7 You guys and gals rock! I hope you will pay it forward.

1 comment:

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!