Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Small Business is about Relationships. Thank you for yours!

My neice, Roxi sporting her new vintage dangly earrings that she's "always wanted!"
Thank you to everyone that came out and supported us this past weekend at our first annual Springtime at the Ranch occasional sale. We had a good turn out and a great time! If you didn't make it, we missed you and hope you can come out in July for the next one. We had lots of happy shoppers, including Roxi with her new clip on earrings! She stayed in the mirror for the longest time making them swing. So cute!

Since starting this new business, I have become more sensitive to supporting local businesses and have been making an effort to buy from small businesses, including our friend's greenhouse for plants, instead of Walmart or Lowes.  I love shopping where people know me. I love eating where people know me. It's nice to be treated well  by people who honestly appreciate my business.

I've heard many times from friends that have stores, restaurants, and so on...that if your own community won't support you, you haven't got a chance at making it. This is so true. How could you?  Many times we mistakenly think we are just one person and our presence won't make that much difference, but it really does. Knowing that your friends and family support your efforts means the world whether you spend a little or a lot. 

When you have an online business, it's just that...all business. There are no faces, just transactions... just business. When you have a local shop it's very personal. More faces than transactions, and that's to be expected. We appreciate those that came out and didn't find anything this time as much as those that left a Benji on the counter. It was just very nice to know that each one took the time to make the trip. Anyone that comes in the door smiling is always welcome. 


Small business is about relationships. The six months we have been doing this has been far more rewarding than the last 10 years of my art business, where I began to put it all online and just sell. I had forgotten how much I missed relationships with customers that I actually met face to face and built friendships with over the years. It sure makes getting up and working more satisfying.

So, with this said, I hope you know that our thank yous come from way down deep. We don't do this just for fun...although it IS lots of fun! It's hopefully going to become our livelihood one day soon and we are greatly appreciative to those that like what we are doing and support us with your business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!