Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How Tu...esday. Make a Bird Feeder

For the last sale I made lots of tiered jewelry dishes that you may remember seeing here in my teaser photos. While I had out all the dishes and epoxy I made a few pieces that I call bird feeders and bird feeder/baths. 

Bird feeder/bath

Such poise...I think this one may be a prince.

I'm convinced he can balance that cup when he hops away.
                                                                                
They are really very simple to make and you can go whimsical like the frog or simple like the one below.

Two plates and a candle holder. Simple but elegant bird feeder...plant stand...etc. 
All you need:  plates that appeal to you, something to use for height, maybe a cup or small bowl for the bird bath and a little epoxy glue. You probably already have things you can use or at least a good start.

The next one is my favorite and evolved from pieces that I collected over time. I keep experimenting with layers until I have something that clicks. Next I go back and epoxy glue the pieces together. 

Tips...glue one  piece to the other and let it set completely before adding the next layer. Do this in a well ventilated area or better yet, outside.

An old finial, dinner plate, candle holder and an ashtray...all come together as a bird feeder/ bath combo

They can be whatever you want them to be...feeders, plant stands...

The perfect height

Cheyenne thought it was a great water dish. 

Would anyone be interested in a workshop? We would love to have you make one with us. Leave me a comment and we will plan a workshop soon.

...and FYI...We have several in the shop if you don't want to make one of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!