Friday, October 23, 2009

Lexington Barbecue Festival

For my local readers, don't forget the Barbecue Festival in Lexinton tomorrow. "One of the Top Ten Food Festivals in the U.S.A."
-Travel & Leisure Magazine
This years marks 26 years and if the bbq sandwiches aren't enough to get you there, you aren't going to believe the entertainment list this year. There will be six stages with shows starting at 9 am ranging from country to beach music. This year's headliner is Big Kenny from Big and Rich. You know I will be there! I'm a big fan of the duo... you may remember my "Pigs in the City" pig inspired by the group last year. Pig and Rich is the name I chose for him but, he was called Pig Pickin' by the BBQ Festival. He along with this year's pigs and  others from year's past will go up for auction at the Davidson County Fairgrounds Oct. 23rd.


Last year's brochure featuring Pig Pickin' by Angie Nelson

Along with good food and entertainment there are of course, juried art and crafts for sale, and loads of other attractions, such as pig races, a car show, swine wine by award winning winemaker Mark Friszolowski, and a carnival of rides for kids...and the list goes on.

Rain or shine, I hope to see you there! Get there early...parking spaces are extremely hard to come by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. I love reading your comments!